Economics Interview Questions - 2012 Selection!
These are not the real thing! But here is a selection of the questions that I have been throwing at some of my students preparing for Economics & Management and Economics interviews over the last few days! I hope you find them interesting!
- Many non-economists are inclined to blame economics for the
mess we’re in - are they right?
- How valid is the idea of diminishing returns in the short
run production function for internet businesses?
- Should the Bank of England now start to raise interest rates
in a bid to boost aggregate demand?
- Interest rates – or yields - on ten year bonds issued by the
UK government are at the lowest level since 1703. Over the summer yields on
German and Swiss two year bonds turned negative. What explains such low bond
- How important is ecology and psychology in understanding
- Which economic concepts or ideas have you found
counter-intuitive and why?
- What is the difference between a leader and a manger?
- The Romans forced engineers to sleep under a bridge once it
was completed. Should managers of businesses fund losses of failed corporate investment projects?
- Small is beautiful, but it is also efficient - why is
government and business so obsessed by economies of scale?
- To help recovery, the focus should be on debt and leverage
in the economy and turning instead to equity financing. Discuss
- In the long run, bailing out people is less harmful to the
economy than bailing out businesses - discuss
- Which is more significant for the wealth of nations -
invention or innovation?
- Who are the principle beneficiaries of innovation?
Inventors? Shareholders? Or Consumers?
- Across the western world policymakers are searching for
ideas on how to raise growth rates - what would you suggest to them?
- Despite a deep downturn corporate insolvencies have remained
remarkably low in recent years - is good management the reason?
- Some economists believe that recessions clear out
unproductive capacity and create space for new, more efficient companies - do
Teaching & learning products
This resource comprises a complete collection of editable PowerPoint presentations that are ideal for teaching individual topics for the whole Year 1 (AS) teaching content. Each presentation has a consistent, clear and professional format and maps precisely to the AQA specification teaching content.