Econ in the news
A random selection of economics in the news today to discuss with your classes, especially for immersing the new AS macro pupils in the subject:
From the news today:
- High tax rate harms UK economy : Good to discuss concepts such as incentives to work; brain drain; Laffer curve; elasticities; labour mobility ; tax evasion vs tax avoidance
- Greece to speed up cost cutting : Good for discussing fiscal austerity; Eurozone debt crisis;
- UK international competitives falls : Good for discussing factors that affect international competitiveness on the A2 course
- Google’s antitrust raids : The new Microsoft.
- Childcare costs in UK soar : Good for ideas on child poverty; labour market immobility; supply side policies
WOW! Economics 2015 builds on the phenomenal success of the previous two years with yet another resource-packed day designed to provide teaching colleagues with effective and innovative teaching & learning materials. The feedback on WOW! Economics 2015 has once again been stunning - join Jonny, Bob, Nikki, Ruth, Penny and the tutor2u Economics team for this terrific CPD course.