Econ in the news
A random selection of economics in the news today to discuss with your classes, especially for immersing the new AS macro pupils in the subject:
From the news today:
- High tax rate harms UK economy : Good to discuss concepts such as incentives to work; brain drain; Laffer curve; elasticities; labour mobility ; tax evasion vs tax avoidance
- Greece to speed up cost cutting : Good for discussing fiscal austerity; Eurozone debt crisis;
- UK international competitives falls : Good for discussing factors that affect international competitiveness on the A2 course
- Google’s antitrust raids : The new Microsoft.
- Childcare costs in UK soar : Good for ideas on child poverty; labour market immobility; supply side policies
Get your teaching of the new AQA A Level Economics specification off to a flying start with this CPD course dedicated to the challenges and requirements of the AQA board. We'll explore ways to teach the new teaching content, the revised nature and methods of assessment and the challenges posed by the new linear structure for teaching & learning.
Teaching & learning products
Our AQA A Level Economics Year 1 (AS) Course Companion is the designed as a high quality and cost-effective replacement for expensive and overly complicated textbooks. The Course Companion maps precisely against the AQA specification and teaching content for Year 1 (AS) and provides students with comprehensive and concise coverage of what students really need to know and understand.