Econ in the news
A random selection of economics in the news today to discuss with your classes, especially for immersing the new AS macro pupils in the subject:
From the news today:
- High tax rate harms UK economy : Good to discuss concepts such as incentives to work; brain drain; Laffer curve; elasticities; labour mobility ; tax evasion vs tax avoidance
- Greece to speed up cost cutting : Good for discussing fiscal austerity; Eurozone debt crisis;
- UK international competitives falls : Good for discussing factors that affect international competitiveness on the A2 course
- Google’s antitrust raids : The new Microsoft.
- Childcare costs in UK soar : Good for ideas on child poverty; labour market immobility; supply side policies
From bond yields to coupons; from the PRA to the FCA. The new A Level Economics specifications from Sept 2015 include more substantial coverage of financial markets. This resource-packed CPD course will help you quickly get up to speed with the new teaching content and provide you with lesson resources you can use straightaway.