Quality - Measurement
Given the importance of quality to almost all businesses, it is important that quality is measured. There are many ways to do this.
Businesses can measure quality aspects such as:
- Failure or reject rates
- Level of product returns
- Customer complaints
- Customer satisfaction – usually measured by a survey
- Customer loyalty – evident from repeat purchases, or renewal rates
However, it is important to remember that:
- Quality is subjective, it is a matter of personal opinion and what constitutes an acceptable level of quality will vary from one individual to another
- Not all aspects of quality are tangible – for example the degree of assurance given by a firm's name or reputation can be very important even though it is hard to measure.
- Quality is always evolving because of things like improved technology, better materials, new manufacturing techniques and fresh competitors. No firm can afford to stand still as far as quality is concerned
- Whilst controlling quality has benefits to the firm, it can also be costly to do, so it is important that the benefits outweigh the costs in the long term
These intensive one-day exam coaching & revision workshops are designed to help AS Business students maximise their performance in the BUSS1 & BUSS2 exams later this term. Through a series of intensive sessions, we focus on and build techniques that enable students to meet the assessment objectives. The main focus on each session is BUSS2, but we'll also dip into key BUSS1 topics and develop effective exam technique proven to work for both exams.