Current Affairs Quiz - 20th Apr 2010
Who owns the trademark ‘Xperia’? Which Japanese manufacturer plans to give the iPad a run for its money? And what’s happening at Goldman Sachs? Take this week’s CAQ to find out…
Current Affairs Quiz #26 – 19th April 2010
1. Which Japanese firm is set to launch its “slate” PCs, running on both Microsoft’s Windows 7 and Google’s mobile Android operating systems, to compete directly with Apple’s iPad?
2. China has signed several trade agreements with which country at the BRIC summit in Brasilia?
3. Xperia is a registered trademark of which global company?
4. Which English-speaking nation celebrates its National Day on 23 April?
5. Countries in the euro zone cobbled together a €30 billion (US$41 billion) loan package for which troubled member state?
6. Which micro-blogging site has unveiled an advertising scheme for its business, revolutionizing the way it does business since launching 3 years ago?
7. Which Asian nation reported GDP growth of an impressive 11.9% in the first quarter compared with a year ago?
8. Which Southeast nation’s central bank moved forcefully to tighten monetary policy by revaluing its ‘dollar’ (currency) last week?
9. Why is Goldman Sachs in trouble with the USA’s Securities and Exchange Commission?
10. Which mobile phone giant has reported a surprise profit for the first three months of the year, following a loss of 836m euros in 2009?
11. What’s the story behind each of the 3 photos?
4. England (St. George’s Day)
9. Suspected fraud – cheating investors of some US$841m
11a. Ash cloud from a volcanic eruption in Iceland has grounded planes across Europe (costing airlines $200m per day)
11b. Continental Airlines and United Airlines back in merger talks
11c. Pressure is growing to let the Chinese yuan appreciate
These intensive one-day exam coaching & revision workshops will help improve your BUSS2 students ability to maximise their performance in the 2015 exam. Through a series of intensive sessions, we focus on and build techniques that enable students to meet the assessment objectives. These BUSS2 workshops also include a brief reminder of core BUSS1 concepts.